Thursday, November 6, 2008

Here I go again on my own...







Well, last night kicked off yet another deployment for our family. Josh's 3rd in 3 years to be exact. It sucks, but I know it will go by really fast since I have so much to keep me busy. My goal for any deployment is to always set smaller monthly "fun goals" to help make the time go by faster. I have no doubt November will fly by, since we're so busy with school and Jack's party, birthday and trip to Orlando. All of which I am really excited about, but sad that Josh will miss all three. I know that's what upsets him most about having to be on this deployment instead of at his new command, is that he's missing so much of Jack's life while he's gone. We'll get through.

And since I haven't uploaded the last photo of Jack and Josh together (which is adorable... they were watching the election results together) here are three awesome ones:
1. Jack and his monkey that has his daddy saying "I love you little man, be safe and take care of mommy"
2. Jack rocking his "I voted" sticker. And an extremely adorable outfit :)
3. Jack and Riley hanging out in the crib. Josh thought it was hilarious, Jack didn't know what to think of his new bunk mate. Riley didn't seem to mind, either.

Also, I finally found a climber for Jack's birthday present! Jack seems to love playing with it already (and can even slide on his own) but has yet to master climbing up the "rock wall" to get to the top. I think he'll get it in a few months.

3 comments:

MegaBurm said...

Awwww poor Dawn! I know that you are sooo not excited about Josh getting deployed again. You know that you can make it through this and we will be there to support you the whole time!! Alan and I love you lots and can't wait to meet you soon!!! HUGS SWEETIE!!!

Anne said...

Oh Dawn I'm so sorry hun. I wish I was there right now to give you and Jack a huge hug. You sound like you have such a positive attitude, and I know having Jack to keep you busy will make it fly by! Hang in there!

The PEAPOD said...

Im sorry its here again... I wish I were closer so the biys could play and we could too!! I have to tell you Dawn, you really are an inspiration to us all... your positivity and level-headed-ness really make me proud of you!!!!!