Sunday, November 16, 2008

A year ago today

A year ago today we met an amazing woman who forever changed our lives. A year ago today, Josh and I sat nervously in our adoption agency's waiting room eager to meet K. and her mom for the first time. I remember every single emotion I felt sitting there, and I don't think I'll ever forget that day. I was in awe of how she seemed to be handling everything, but my heart went out to her (and still does every single day) for what was obvious pain in her heart. K. was and still is an awesome, caring, loving woman.

After our meeting, we rushed to get to DC for the Dane Cook concert with some of our friends. It was a great concert, and it was, unbeknownst to us our last weekend of being a family of two.
Just a week after our first meeting, K. gave us the most precious and selfless gift someone can give, she gave us our son.

Adoption isn't just about the happiness the adoptive family has for receiving the wonderful joy of a child. I am always thinking about K., as she will forever and always hold one of the most special places in my heart.

Here are some photos from that DC trip, since it was an awesome trip and we used it as celebration of impending parenthood!



3 comments:

Clarabella said...

I teared up reading this! I know how long you and J had waited, and how up and down the journey was. I am so glad that little Jackson is a part of your family! I can't believe how quickly the time has passed.

MegaBurm said...

Dawn I can't believe it has been a year already. I remember how difficult it was trying to adopt. I was sooooo excited when I found out you had a new little baby boy on the way. Jackson is just getting so big and he has been such a blessing to you guys!

angela see said...

I am so happy for your family Dawn :)