Monday, August 11, 2008

So... my grandpa

By the Grace of God, my grandpa is still alive. He is still in the ICU and his CT still shows the massive damage done by the strokes. Apparently we are waiting to hear from a PT who specializes in rehab for certain types of strokes, as this PT thinks he can help my grandpa regain some functioning... but the extent is unknown right now (Got to love information being passed from person to person) Hopefully we know more, soon.

My heart just aches for my family, mainly my grandmother, mom, aunts and uncle. My grandparents have been married for 60 years and I just cannot even fathom how she is feeling right now.

Again, by the Grace of God, all four children are there with them right now, and according to my mom, he is supposedly aware that everyone is in his room. As much as I would love to be there, too, I understand my grandmother's decision and I respect it. I can take comfort in the fact that my mom is there sending him my love, and she gets to be with him at this time.

I just pray for him daily. That he's not suffering or in pain. That he is able to know how many people are praying for him and thinking of him, and how many people love him.

That's all I can do is pray. Thank you to all of you who have kept my family in your thoughts and prayers. It means the world to me.

We love you, Grandpa!!!

(the photo above is grandpa with Breanna at the end of March, 2008.)

2 comments:

Anne said...

Oh Dawn I am so sorry that your family is going through this. I know how hard it is, we just went through it with my grampa. Just know that I'm praying for you and your family daily. Hang in there hun!

The PEAPOD said...

Hugs and prayers sweetie...Im right there with you!!
xoxox